JUST A FEW WORDS ABOUT…HEALTHY FOOD
This is definitely a major trend in the food, and food service sectors. A new trend. Before this millennial, eating only had a basic and practical function: nourish people. Though it’s still the case in many countries, we are now witnessing the emergence of another purpose in occidental countries: maintain one’s health. All food experts agree on this: we are just at the beginning of a food revolution. Would actors (producers, suppliers…) take this trend into account, there’s no doubt that they would succeed. Would they miss it, the market may forget them quite quickly! Which recipes could win? What are the ingredients for success? The future areas of prosperity? Our experts point out many inspirational opportunities:
WHAT IS HEALTHY FOOD ?
Food that is believed to be good because it does not contain artificial chemicals, much sugar or fat:
organic, vegetarian, vegan, light, GMO free, local, fresh, sustainable.
“FREE-FROM” FEELS GOOD
- US$ 9.5 billion sales by 2021
- In terms of demand, the fastest growing category in Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe and North America
- An average of 5.4 percent growth
THE GOLDEN RULES OF THE HEALTHY FOOD MARKET
- Providing safe and nutritious food to consumers
- Improving food safety at each level
- Strengthening partnerships between producers, suppliers and consumers
WHO IS THE CONSUMER ?
- 1/3 of global consumers consider that organic and sustainable produced / sourced ingredients have a high impact on their purchasing choices.
- Male or female
- Young (25-45 y. o.)
- Higher level of income
TOP HEALTHY TRENDS (BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA)
HEALTH TRENDS CAN’T STOP GROWING
A HEALTHY FOOD SIAL NETWORK TOUR:
- Great expectations in China
- A healthy Canada for healthy food
- UAE/ME: the tree of growth
- France, a paradise for the organic food movement
- Europe, a post-organic market
- Indonesia... it's just the beginning
Read more about Healthy Food trends in China, Canada, France, Europe, UAE/ME and Indonesia, by completing the form below to download your free whitepaper now.