From 16 to 18 September 2018, Food India by SIAL attracted more than 150 exhibitors from 13 countries and welcomed more than 5,000 visitors! In 2019, SIAL India is back on track!
A large audience
- 5,000 visitors
- Importers, Distributors, Wholesalers, Supermarket, Grocery, Convenient stores and retailers, Cash & Carry, Food service, HORECA, Airport, Airlines, E-commerce, Army and hospital, Association and Press
An international fair
- 150 exhibitors from 13 countries
- China, France, India, Indonesia, Italy, Portugal, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, UK and the USA
Hosted Buyer Program (in association with the Forum of Indian Food Importers)
Thanks to 100 buyers with a minimum of 250,000 USD purchasing power, the 2018 edition resulted in 1,000+ meetings and introductions with exhibiting companies.
Meet selected top buyers from modern trade, retail, importers/distributor and horeca.
“We are delighted to participate and organize a collective of French companies, participating under the French Pavilion of Food India by SIAL. We are very satisfied with the footfall of professional visitors, events flow and overall organization of the fair. The organizers have succeeded in attracting serious buyers to Food India!”
Olivier DELBECQ, Head of Agribusiness Department - Business France India
What to expect in 2019?
- 300+ exhibitors
- 8 000+ visitors
- 15+ participating countries
New features for 2019
A unique celebration of innovative food and beverage products! All finalists will be displayed within the dedicated Innovation Area at SIAL India, and the 3 most innovative products will be awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze winners according to the jury appreciation.
Alternative Food Forum
When it comes to healthier food, more respectful of nature and of animal well-being, this is definitely the place to be! Thanks to conferences and round tables, discover the future of the food industries and seize new opportunities.
Food market trends presented by industry leaders and experts.
An area where the best chefs perform live culinary demonstrations.
This event is dedicated to wine & spirit makers and retailers. Take part and share about opportunities and showcase innovations through exclusive tastings and talks!
Participate and you will get
- Focus on modern Indian food trade
- Market information and market access conditions
- Build brand awareness testing the market
- New leads and agents appointments
"Excellent Experience! Mrs Badal, MOFPI Minister, visited our stall and tasted all our products. It was very encouraging! The French ambassador witnessed the live kitchen sessions. The conferences were very good. We got lots of networking opportunities which are going to help us."
Mr. Jaspal SINGH JOHAR, VP-HORECA - Veeba Food Services Pvt Ltd.
A booming economy and an undisputed potential
- One the fastest-growing economies in the world: +7.6% per year
- 1.3 billion consumers
- 4th-largest economy in terms of purchasing parity
- The middle class will represent 300M inhabitants by 2025
- 2nd in terms of total food production globally
- By 2020, India will have 900 million people of working age, and the average age of its citizens will fall to 29.
Proactive changes in government policies in order to stimulate market access
- Attractive fiscal incentives
- India’s most significant tax reforms in decades (GST) in place since July 1, 2017
- 100% FDI in retail marketing, including via e-commerce, of food products that are produced and / or manufactured in India
- 42 Mega food malls to be opened across the country in the next 3 to 4 years
- Single-window clearance
- Significant investments in world class ports, logistics and supply chain infrastructure
Local food demand drives imports and investments on food processing
- Opportunity for investors across the food processing supply chain
- The food processing market is expected to grow by 100% by 2020
- The food processing sector:
- 1st in terms of employment and number of factories in operation
- 3rd in terms of output
Retail & food chains
- The industry grew by 7.1% in 2013-14, and the online food delivery industry by 150% in 2016.
- Modern-trade penetration is expected to grow rapidly over the next 5 years.
- Major international retailers & food chains already in: Wal-Mart, Amazon, McDonald’s, YUM!, Starbucks, Subway, Burger King, Worldwide & Wendy’s.
The seven strong demand drivers of the food and beverage industry of India are:
- Affluence of working population
- Increase in disposable income
- Rising urbanization and change in lifestyle
- Change in tastes and preferences
- Increase in tourism in India
- Number of Indian travelling within and outside India
- Increasing awareness and accessibility of new products