Asia's biggest food event
Key figures 2017
- +3,200 exhibitors from 67 countries and 30 regions
- 60 international pavilions
- More than 100,000 visitors from 95 countries
- Dedicated wine sector with +200 wine companies, visited by more than 11,000 beverage buyers
- 95% of exhibitors are satisfied*
- 99% of visitors are satisfied*
* SIAL survey 2016
- La Cuisine
- SIAL Innovation
- World Tour
- Retail & Hospitality Forum: Debates, conference, interviews around major topics shaping food culture.
- Seafood Fest: In partnership with CAPPMA, a cooking event buitls around seafoods and other ingredients.
- Chocolate World: Meet Asian and domestic market demands for high-quality chocolate and see the world’s best chocolate on display.
- China National Specialty Tea Cup: In partnership with AASTA and Café Culture, the opportunity to identify leaders in the specialty tea community.
- Wine Innovation Forum: A forum set in a friendly atmosphere showcasing top speakers from the international wine world together with top local wine experts. 2015 Keynote Speaker: Ms. Debra Meiburg Master of Wine.
- The Chinese food sector is currently one of the fastest growing sectors (+20% per year)
- Food consumption +12% expected in 2016
- Alcoholic drinks consumption: +11% and +13% for soft drinks in 2016
- China is the biggest global market for spirits consumption
- Mass grocery retail sales +9.2% in 2016
- The world's largest online retail market
- China food export and import volumes both increased respectively by 5% and 13% in 2014
- Export: canned food, condiments, dried vegetables and fruit, tea, confectionery, fruit juice, convenient foods, shellfish
- Import: oils, animal and vegatable fats, seafood, dairy products, cereals, wine, sugar, beer, poultry, meat