Asia's biggest food event
Key figures 2018
- Nearly 3,400 exhibitors from 67 countries and 30 provinces of China
- 60 international pavilions
- More than 110,000 visitors
- 83% of exhibitors are satisfied*
- 97% of visitors are satisfied*
* SIAL survey 2018
- La Cuisine
- SIAL Innovation
- World Tour
- Retail & Hospitality Forum: Debates, conference, interviews around major topics shaping food culture.
- Seafood Fest: In partnership with CAPPMA, a cooking event buitls around seafoods and other ingredients.
- Chocolate World: Meet Asian and domestic market demands for high-quality chocolate and see the world’s best chocolate on display.
- China National Specialty Tea Cup: In partnership with AASTA and Café Culture, the opportunity to identify leaders in the specialty tea community.
- Wine Innovation Forum: A forum set in a friendly atmosphere showcasing top speakers from the international wine world together with top local wine experts. 2015 Keynote Speaker: Ms. Debra Meiburg Master of Wine.
- In 2017, online imported food had a penetration rate of 84% among Chinese consumers, and consumer only bought imported food in offline channel accounted for 17%.*
- Imported food from Australia is most popular as 44% Chinese consumers has bought imported Australian food. Food from USA (37%), Japan (33%), German (28%) and Southeast Asia (21%) is also warmly welcomed.*
- In the food and beverage sectors, the value growth of the packaged food categories outpaced that of beverages; packaged food's annual growth rose from 1,3% in 2016 to 3% in 2017.**
- After rapid expansion since 2013, China O2O market continued to grow by around 30% in 2017, with much of that expansion due to O2O services to homes, such as food and delivery, which grew at an astonishing 76% rate.**
- China has become the world's second largest catering market after recording revenue figures of USD 616bn in 2017. In addition, China had more than 8m restaurants and 4,65m active enterprises in the catering industry.***
*Source: iResearch - China Import Food Consumers Research 2017
**Source: Kantar Worldpanel - China Shopper Report 2018
***Source: China Cuisine Association - China's Catering Industry Development Report