SIAL in China 2021
SIAL in China 2021 was successfully held in Shanghai from May 14-16, at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC). The leading food marketplace in Asia, SIAL China occupied the full 180,000 square meter exhibition centre to facilitate more than 4,300 exhibitors from 40 countries and regions, and 150,000 professional visitors.
SIAL region of Shanghai 2022 was officially announced
23th September, SIAL region of Shanghai 2022 press conference was held in Beijing WOLFORD ASTORIA.
The start-up of SIAL Shanghai 2022 was officially announced. All China Federation of Supply and Marketing Cooperatives, CHINA GENERAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, China Cuisine Association, FRENCH EMBASSY IN CHINA, FOREIGN ECONOMIC COOPERATION CENTER, MARA. P.R. CHINA, China Chamber of International Commerce, CHINA VEGETABLE MARKETING ASSOCIATION, China Cuisine Association, COFCO, GOME relevant leaders attended the conference. A total of 54 media outlets reported the press conference.
- 150 000 professional visitors: Retail, Import-Export, Food service, Food manufactoring, Services.
- Visitors from 34 countries 21 province of China.
- Top 3 Visitor's objectives: Find partners, subcontractors, find new products and find out about new trends and market developments
“SIAL China has a high sense of social responsibility, which facilitates trade exchanges between China and the EU and accelerates the promotion of the China-EU Agreement on Geographical Indications products on a global scale.”
Counselo of the Department of Agriculture and Health of the EU Delegation to China
SIAL IN CHINA, AN ACESS TO KEY MARKET
- Chinese F&B market is worth over 1 779 bn USD and has remained stable at +0,3% during the COVID period. The market is expected to grow at an annual rate of 5,5% between 2021and 2020.
- Imported foods represents 6% of the total Chinese F&B market and have been very dynamic: +93% over the past 4 years. Imports have remained dynamic during COVID-19 outbreak, growing at +15% in 2020.
- China is the largest meat importer in the world, representing 19% of the world’s meat imports. Over the past year, Chinese meat imports increased by +61%.
- Nearly 4 500 exhibitors from 70 countries and more than 38 International pavillon
- 98% satisfaction rate
- 93% Exhibition recommendation rate
Top 10 exhibiting countries by number
TOP 6 ACTIVITIES OF OUR EXHIBITORS
- Confectionery, biscuits and pastry
- Health food and diet products, baby food
- Grocery products
- Frozen products
- Delicatessen, Home Meal Replacement
- More than 50,000 professionals
- 66% Southem China 34% Others
Activities of our visitors
- E_commerce, supermarket and others
- Import and Export Trad
- Food Manufacturer / Processor
- Catering & Food Service
- Industry Services
Shenzhen, South China, greater bay area
- More than 1,000 professionals
- 35,000 m2
- 45% of international exhibitors
New technology for new engagement
SIAL ONLINE MARKET PLACE
To facilitate interaction for exhibitors and visitors event beyond show time
SIAL MATCH ME
To target Business matching and year-long interaction
INFLUENTIAL EVENTS FOR GLOBAL FOOD INDUSTRY
SIAL INNOVATION COMPETITION
A unique competition that encourages and promotes innovation in the Food and Packaging industry. 123 products selected from 383+ products presented.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2022?
- 20 anniversary Celebration
- Occupied 5 halls at National Exhibition and Convention Center, Shanghai, covering 135,000㎡
- 3,500 exhibitors
- 100,000 professional visitors
"I would like to thank SIAL China for providing a platform for us to meet new friends from the meat industry. I would also like to thank the Match Me team for all the services. The team members assisted me in making the itinerary from the perspective of the visitor, and I am very satisfied with it. We will continue to follow SIAL China in the future!."
CHENG XIN YOU XUAN
"The Match Me team provided excellent services. It also provided innovative, personalized services during negotiations between big buyers, which helped our company to improve efficiency. The time saved could be used for in-depth discussions with potential exhibitors, which gave our company ample time for bidding later on and thus generating indirect benefits. Best wishes to SIAL Shanghai!"
"It's my third visiting to SIAL in China. It feels like SIAL in China is improving itself each year with increasingly abundant food categories exhibited. It's really nice to see this. I work in the food package industry. The innovated food package performed by some famous enterprises and industry trend are reflected in SIAL in China. I will come visiting SIAL in China next year for sure."
General Manager of Packaging Manufacturer (China)