SIAL in China 2023
SIAL Shanghai: From May 18th to 20th, 2023, SIAL Shanghai will be held in Shanghai International Expo Center across an exhibition area of 180,000 ㎡. It is expected to attract 4,500 exhibitors and 150,000 professionals from around the world to showcase leading and innovative products, exchange thoughts and opinion of the whole industry. The SIAL Global Food Industry Summit will take place with 10 sub-forums.
SIAL Shenzhen: The show will take place at the Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center(SZCEC) during 28th -30th August, 2023. With an exhibition area of 35,000 sqm, SIAL Shenzhen expects to attract 1,000 exhibitors and over 30,000 professionals from around the world. Five major industry summits and exciting events will be held in parallel with the trade show.
SIAL region of Shanghai 2023 was officially announced
As one of the most vibrant and globalized regions in China, Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area is the perfect place to kick off the autumn sales season for food and beverages.
This new schedule will help provide perfect opportunity for F&B enterprises to proactively boost brand awareness, increase sales and expand sales channels, and also enable buyers to have greater opportunities to source new-launched products and new types of food and beverages. Together, they will be able to capitalize on the new momentum in food and beverage industry in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
Furthermore, new schedule will help them get a head start on the food and beverage trade boom in the second half of the year through capturing the golden sales season of Mid-Autumn Festival, National Day, Lunar New Year and other Chinese festivals.
- 150 000 professional visitors:Retail, Import-Export, Wholesale, E-commerce, Trader, Supermarkets, Catering.
- Visitors from 100 countries and regions worldwide.
- Top 3 Visitor's objectives: Find partners, subcontractors, find new products and find out about new trends and market developments
“SIAL China has a high sense of social responsibility, which facilitates trade exchanges between China and the EU and accelerates the promotion of the China-EU Agreement on Geographical Indications products on a global scale.”
Counselo of the Department of Agriculture and Health of the EU Delegation to China
SIAL IN CHINA, AN ACESS TO KEY MARKET
- Chinese F&B market is worth over 1 779 bn USD and has remained stable at +0,3% during the COVID period. The market is expected to grow at an annual rate of 5,5% between 2021and 2020.
- Imported foods represents 6% of the total Chinese F&B market and have been very dynamic: +93% over the past 4 years. Imports have remained dynamic during COVID-19 outbreak, growing at +15% in 2020.
- China is the largest meat importer in the world, representing 19% of the world’s meat imports. Over the past year, Chinese meat imports increased by +61%.
- Nearly 4 500 exhibitors from 70 countries and more than 38 International pavillon
- 98% satisfaction rate
- 93% Exhibition recommendation rate
Top 10 exhibiting countries by number
TOP 6 ACTIVITIES OF OUR EXHIBITORS
1.SIAL Global Industry Food Summit2.SIAL Innovation3.La Cuisine4.SIAL CUP5.Tea Events6.Snaking Awards
- 30,000 professionals: Retail, Import-Export, Wholesale, E-commerce, Trader, Supermarkets, Catering.
- 66% Southem China 34% Others
Activities of our visitors
1.SIAL Global Industry Food Summit2.SIAL Innovation3.SIAL CUP4.Tea Events5.Snaking Awards6.Beverage Market
Shenzhen, the Greater Bay Area
- More than 1,000 professionals
- 35,000 m2
- 45% of international exhibitors
New technology for new engagement
SIAL ONLINE MARKET PLACE
To facilitate interaction for exhibitors and visitors event beyond show time
SIAL MATCH ME
To target Business matching and year-long interaction
INFLUENTIAL EVENTS FOR GLOBAL FOOD INDUSTRY
SIAL INNOVATION COMPETITION
A unique competition that encourages and promotes innovation in the Food and Packaging industry. 123 products selected from 383+ products presented.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2023?
- China reopen boarder from Jan 2023, amounts of international trading opportunity.
- SIAL Shanghai will reach 180,000㎡ exhibition area at Shanghai New International Expo Center in May.
- SIAL Shenzhen will cover 30,000㎡ exhibition area at Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center(SZCEC) in August
"I would like to thank SIAL China for providing a platform for us to meet new friends from the meat industry. I would also like to thank the Match Me team for all the services. The team members assisted me in making the itinerary from the perspective of the visitor, and I am very satisfied with it. We will continue to follow SIAL China in the future!."
CHENG XIN YOU XUAN
"The Match Me team provided excellent services. It also provided innovative, personalized services during negotiations between big buyers, which helped our company to improve efficiency. The time saved could be used for in-depth discussions with potential exhibitors, which gave our company ample time for bidding later on and thus generating indirect benefits. Best wishes to SIAL Shanghai!"
"It's my third visiting to SIAL in China. It feels like SIAL in China is improving itself each year with increasingly abundant food categories exhibited. It's really nice to see this. I work in the food package industry. The innovated food package performed by some famous enterprises and industry trend are reflected in SIAL in China. I will come visiting SIAL in China next year for sure."
General Manager of Packaging Manufacturer (China)