SIAL, the world number one network of food innovation, is launching a new type of event in India, as it’s true for future leaders to run into this great adventure. India is the next Eldorado for the agrifood sector, as the country is to become the world number one market ahead of China. We offer you the best path to find your own way to India!
Let’s be inspired by SIAL!
Food India is being held at New Delhi, India from 16 to 18 november 2018 - Pragati Maidan Exhibition Center
“You certainly are enticed by India, its vast market as well as its burgeoning middle class! Like anyone else. This country offers so many opportunities; there is certainly one for you at least. Yet, you still hesitate or don’t really know how to start your business there. Not to mention the distribution logistics and customs barriers that strike you as too uncertain for you to take part in a traditional trade fair… But coming to India just right now is the best decision you could make. It’s a matter of figures and atmosphere within the country. We are the SIAL, the world number one network of food innovation, we go along with experienced food experts all over the planet, and we all agree on this: it’s time for future leaders to run into this great adventure with us. Most stories are uncertain. But this one has only one possible outcome: India is the next eldorado for the agrifood sector, as the country is to become the world number one market ahead of China. Thanks to the SIAL network, you can be part of this great story, full of challenges and successes. We offer you the best path to find your own way to India! Follow us and let’s be inspired by SIAL!”
SIAL Network Director
A booming economy and an undisputed potential
- One the fastest-growing economy in the world: +7.6% per year
- 1.3 billion consumers
- 4th-largest economy in terms of purchasing parity
- The middle class will represent 300M inhabitants by 2025
- 2nd in terms of total food production globally
- By 2020, India will have 900 million people of working age, and the average age of its citizens will fall to 29.
Proactive changes in government policies in order to stimulate market access
- Attractive fiscal incentives
- India’s most significant tax reforms in decades (GST) in place since July 1, 2017
- 100% FDI in retail marketing, including via e-commerce, of food products that are produced and / or manufactured in India
- 42 Mega food malls to be opened across the country in the next 3 to 4 years
- Single-window clearance
- Significant investments in world class ports, logistics and supply chain infrastructure
Local food demand drives imports and investments on food processing
- Opportunity for investors across the food processing supply chain
- The food processing market is expected to grow by 100% by 2020
- The food processing sector:
- 1st in terms of employment and number of factories in operation
- 3rd in terms of output
Retail & food chains
- The industry grew by 7.1% in 2013-14, and the online food delivery industry by 150% in 2016.
- Modern-trade penetration is expected to grow rapidly over the next 5 years.
- Major international retailers & food chains already in: Wal-Mart, Amazon, McDonald’s, YUM!, Starbucks, Subway, Burger King, Worldwide & Wendy’s.